Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken.— Oscar Wilde.
This is the first post on my new blog. I’m just getting this new blog going, so stay tuned for more. Subscribe below to get notified when I post new updates.
Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken.— Oscar Wilde.
This is the first post on my new blog. I’m just getting this new blog going, so stay tuned for more. Subscribe below to get notified when I post new updates.
Offline campaigns are marketing strategies that use offline media channels to create awareness of a company’s products and services. So any promotion or advertisement done outside the internet contributes as an offline marketing campaign.
Offline campaigns use traditional marketing techniques for branding. This includes TV ads, billboards, print ads, radio, pamphlets, cold calls, networking events, and marketing drives.
What are the benefits of offline campaigns:-
1. Easy to handle- print advertising is one example of an offline campaign. Print advertising is easy to handle and deliver. Even on short notice brochures, pamphlets, business cards can be printed and distributed easily.
2. Good for huge campaigns and rally- other benefits of print ads are billboards and signage, these can be used to create brand awareness especially during social causes, marathons, political rally’s, etc.
3. Budget-friendly- print advertising is highly cost-effective. It is easy to get done and not very expensive. You are able to know how much you need. You can always order more if there is a shortage. Hence your not spending unnecessarily.
4. More impactful and impressive- during marketing events, your brand’s booth can be made as creative and as impressive as you want. This helps customers to remember your brand better and creates a greater impact.
5. Loyalty programs- one of the main features of offline campaigns is the loyalty programs. Through them, you can retain your loyal customers and make them feel important.
6. More options- when you choose offline campaigns, you have more options to choose as to which marketing technique is suitable based on your target customer group.
7. Something tangible- offline campaigns always give customers something tangible to take back with them. This helps the brand to be in memory for a longer time as compared to some ads that come up on the internet.
8. Better relationship- in most offline campaigns you are directly interacting with your customers. Hence your building a bond and a long term relationship with them.
9. More loyal customers- since customers get to feel your products and have a relationship with your promoters, this leads to customers being more loyal and sticking with your brand.
10. A more personalized- the offline campaign is a more personalized approach as your direct marketing your brand, this helps customers to feel more important and loyal towards the brand.
These were the few benefits of using offline campaigns. As we can see, these techniques are something which most people can relate too, hence offline campaigns are always advisable. Also, there is still a percentage of people who don’t use the internet. Also, many who use the internet don’t bother about promotional emails and adverts. This is where offline campaigns have an upper hand. Thus offline campaigns are the best solution to ensure brand awareness is created to a larger group of customers.
Temp staff as the name suggests are employees who are hired on a part-time basis for a short duration of time. They are hired because the company feels that their additional help and support is required in order to complete the task or project in time.
It is very evident that temporary staff are hired to accomplish a particular task, which the existing employees alone cannot complete. But since they are temporary employees, they are not very well welcomed and do not feel very motivated. Hence as a company, we must ensure to motivate our temporary staff. Here are a few ways in which this can be done:-
1. Setting the right goals — having a right defined goal is very important with temporary staff. Ensure to set small milestones to achieve the main goal. The fact of being able to reach a small milestone itself is a self-motivating factor. Temp staff are usually lost and are unsure of their expectations, with defined goals they know what exactly is expected from them.
2. Provide training — a training program for the temporary staff always adds value. It makes them feel they are part of the organization. Giving them a brief about the company’s background and sharing the value system followed is an effective way to motivate them.
3. Invite to company functions — treat them the same way as you would treat a permanent employee. Invite them too, for a company function, gathering or outing. It gives them a sense of belonging.
4. Make them into teams — another effective way to motivate temp staff is making them part of a team. Ensure the team has both permanent and temp staff. In the team, meetings ask for their opinions and suggestions. Making them feel, they matter is a great way to motivate them.
5. Recognize and reward — recognizing their efforts and contributions in front of the entire organization is a great way to boost their morale. Informing others about their work and appreciating them is an effective way of motivation.
6. Offer other opportunities — making them aware, that you value them goes a long way in terms of motivation. Informing them that you see them as a potential permanent employee is the best motivation a temp staff can receive.
7. Giving cash rewards — any rewards and benefits acts as a motivation. If it’s a cash reward it is even more welcoming. Giving them a little extra cash, or some benefits, or early payment are various ways you can use to motivate your temp staff.
8. Being grateful and keeping in touch — thanking them for their help and providing timely support is also a huge motivation factor. Keeping in touch with them adds value, and helps them know, their efforts are recognized.
These are a few tips that any organization can follow in order to motivate their temporary staff. We must remember that temporary staffs help to fill in the gap, that existing employees alone cannot fulfill. Hence we must be appreciative and acknowledge their efforts. As a company, we must ensure to keep them motivated at all times.
Geo-tagging is the process of adding geographical information to various media in the form of metadata. The geographical data usually includes latitude and longitude but also can include altitude, bearing, distance, and place name.
Geo-tagging is commonly used for photographs, as it helps people to get specific information about the photo. But nowadays geo-tagging is used by many consumers and it is called social geotagging. It is nothing but a process of tagging geographical data like place, photos, videos, websites, emails, etc. With the increase in social media geotagging has become a common culture adapted especially by the new-age millennials.
Today even marketers and advertisers have understood the importance of mining consumer location and consumers understand the value of social geotagging, hence making geotagging technology even more popular. Let’s look at other purposes of geotagging:-
1. Better search engine optimization — usually when consumers want to do a search, location is commonly used. Geo-tagging your location with brand and website helps your product show up faster in the search engine.
2. Location performance — through geo-tagging, companies can understand which location is performing better. They can also get access to consumer’s behavior in that particular location and use the same strategy to improvise other locations.
3. Increase customer awareness — if you have a customer who is socially very active and has a large influence on their social network, geo-tagging helps to increase your brand awareness. It is an indirect way of referral marketing.
4. Monitoring — through the help of geotagging you can monitor your workforce. This is crucial especially if they are in remote locations, it gives you access to monitor them.
5. Simplified process — geotagging is an easy way to tag any geographical
data. This helps you to tag your events, drives, photos and other important business aspects.
Geo-tagging has reached new heights today and all social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat leverage upon this technology. Geo-tagging has changed the entire perspective of how people travel to various locations and explore new destinations. No one uses a map these days. Apart from this geotagging helps a person to know about a particular area better. It helps in communication too. It helps businesses to interact with their customers despite the location barrier.
Geotagged data is used bigtime nowadays to interact and know customer’s opinions. Businesses leverage upon this data to not only provide better customer-centric benefits but also to reach their targets faster. This benefits them, especially when it comes to customer retention and satisfaction. Geotagging technology will only continue to benefit both customers and businesses in the years to come.
Shop activation is a process of getting your shop ready for operations. Shop activation involves a series of steps to be followed as it is a long process with many aspects to be taken care of.
The following guidelines will help you activate your shop effectively
But before we get into the guidelines, you must be aware of the following:-
1. You know what exactly your shop is selling.
2. You know who your target customers are.
3. You know what is the best pricing for your products sold.
4. You know your competitors, especially in your locality.
5. You know who will be operating in your shop.
Once the above questions are answered, activating your shop gets easier. Here are the guidelines:-
1. Name your shop — having a proper and unique name that suits your business and is related to it makes more sense. Ensure to keep it simple but meaningful.
2. Legal checks — after you have decided on the name, ensure all legal checks have been done. Get your business license and all other approvals well in time before you activate your shop.
3. Location — you might not have complete control over this. But ensuring your shop is in the right location, where you can reach your target customers better is a great way to do business successfully.
4. Vendor management — before you activate your shop, know who your vendor and suppliers are. Having a healthy relationship with vendors is important for future business collaboration.
5. Marketing opportunities — have a proper marketing plan in place, before you activate your shop. This makes it easier to target your clients. Having an opening day offer or discount attracts more customers.
6. Team hiring — ensure you have your team who will be operating the store ready for the shop activation. Hiring the right people and making them present for the shop opening is a great way for customers to know your team and build a relationship.
7. Personalized experience — before activating your shop for customers, have a personal experience yourself. Get to know how a customer will feel when they enter your shop and if the experience is satisfying.
8. Grand opening — ensure to have a grand opening. Ensure to invite all your friends and your network. Invite your team and their friends as well. Inviting your vendors and suppliers as well is important. Everyone and anyone getting to know your shop presence and what it offers is important for business.
These are the few steps to consider before you activate your shop. Remember activating your shop is just the beginning, conducting business in an ethical and professional manner is what will lead to successful growth.
A vendor is a party in the supply chain that makes goods and services available to companies or consumers. The term vendor is generally used for the person who supplies various raw materials and other supplies to other manufacturing companies in order to be able to manufacture the finished goods or end product.
Vendors by definition we know play a very crucial role for any business, as they are the ones from which the end product can be created. What goods and supplies they provide, are very crucial to have the right quality of standardized end product. Hence conducting proper vendor diligence is very important.
Activation of a vendor for a different company simply means to do proper diligence and enquiry about the vendor before activating him as your vendor. So basically this process involves conducting audits and checks to ensure a vendor can be activated as a qualified vendor and is suitable for business collaboration.
Vendor activation is done by ensuring the following guidelines are met:-
1. Pricing — to run a successful business, you must always ensure to have reduced spending. One way is to choose a vendor who offers the same quality products at the least cost possible. Before activating a vendor get bids from different vendors and choose the best fit.
2. Quality — in business, the quality of the end product is what matters most. It is the most essential criteria for you to maintain. In order to achieve this activate vendors whose products are of standard quality. It is advisable to see samples to confirm the same before activation.
3. Capacity and competency — before activating a vendor, check if he has the capacity to provide you with your needs. If he is not competent enough to match up with your needs, it will be a difficulty to get finished goods on time.
4. Control — always check if the vendor has a good control of the product and the timeline. Check if he knows from where he is getting his supplies and how effectively he will manage the delivery. Activating a vendor who has good control in the supply chain makes things easier.
5. References — always check for the vendor details from other sources. Take references from other companies and their experience. A vendor who has a good reference is worth partnering with.
These are a few things to keep in mind before you activate any vendor for a company. Also, you must check that the vendor has good communication skills and integrity because you are getting into a partnership with him. Ensure his raw materials are clean and pass the quality tests. Also, take note of his reputation with other companies.
For any business to run successfully, having good vendors is a necessity. So before activating any vendor do a due diligence check and ensure you know with whom you are collaborating.
A marketing agency creates and implements a marketing strategy, conducts extensive market research to increase the sales and profits of a company. Their main objective is to build a relationship with your target audience and increase your overall brand exposure, in order to reach out to your potential customers and convert them into loyal customers.
As a company, it is very important for your business to tie up with the right marketing agency because they offer everything your business requires for marketing, promotions, and advertising all under one roof. They consist of a group of skilled individuals specialized in different areas of marketing. They offer comprehensive solutions and strategies that custom fit to your business needs from start to finish.
Few reasons why as a company you must tie-up with marketing agencies:-
• Branding and Designing- marketing agencies will take care of all your branding and designing needs. For any brand, the way the brand looks and what it appears to be is very crucial to have a customer base. Hence branding your products well and giving the right look and feel is very important and this is taken care of by marketing agencies.
• Website development- for any company, the way their website looks and how comfortable it is for clients to browse through it matters a lot. Marketing agencies help you create a good website, highlighting all your key features and drawing customer’s attention to them.
• Event marketing- for any company conducting marketing events to market their products is very important. This helps them to directly reach out to their target audiences. But event marketing is a long and tedious process with many aspects to be kept in mind. Marketing agencies take care of the entire event.
• Media planning- many companies want to increase their brand awareness on a large scale. For this media is the best marketing resource. The reach is large but it is an expensive process and involves a lot of thought processes to make the brand image catchy. Marketing agencies handle all media marketing techniques.
• Product packaging- a client gets to see a packed product. So attention must be given to the way a product is packed too. Marketing agencies take up this too and ensure the product is packed in a convenient, feasible and attractive manner.
• Search marketing- today everyone uses the internet to find various products and their reviews. Ensuring your products show up in the search engine under different suitable categories is one great way of marketing. This is handled and taken care of by marketing agencies.
• Social media- your biggest client base is on social media today. Hence ensuring you have a social media advert, or pop up or campaign is an excellent way to create brand awareness and reach out to your potential customers. Marketing agencies take care of all your social media marketing.
• Email or SMS marketing- another way to reach out to your potential customers is to send frequent emails or messages with your brand description. This helps when you are running offers, or have made a product change or improvisation. Marketing agencies take care of the entire email or SMS marketing.
As you can see above, tying up with a suitable marketing agency is beneficial to your brand in more ways than one. They are focused to help you build a relationship with your customers through your brand and help you increase your brand loyalty and in turn increase your sales and productivity.
Manpower agencies are companies that provide placement services. Their main objective is to help individuals who are seeking employment get placed in good organizations with suitable job profiles. In other words, these companies help organizations with their human resources.
Manpower agency is also called ‘ Employment Agencies’. It deals with hiring skilled workers that is human capital. In short manpower agency matches employer to employees. They help in finding the right talent for any company or organization.
From the above definition, it is clear that manpower agencies act as a 3rd party between the employer and employee. Hence as a company, they need to deal with two clients simultaneously and find the right match between them, if possible. Let’s look at other services a manpower agency provides:-
For an organization:-
1. Provides human resources — a manpower agency’s main role is to provide you with your major resource that is human resources. This helps organizations so that they are never understaffed.
2. Recruitment taken care — we all know that hiring is a long and tedious process. As a company when you approach a manpower agency, they will act as your HR department and conduct the entire recruitment process. This helps you save time and is cost-effective too.
3. Flexibility — when you approach a manpower agency for your recruitment needs, it gives you more flexibility and you have more options to choose from. You can state your conditions and clauses too.
4. Reduced risks — a manpower agency takes the entire responsibility of hiring, reducing your risks of hiring the wrong candidate.
For a jobseeker:-
1. Suitable employment — if you are a job seeker, the first right thing to do is approach a manpower agency. They have a huge network and through their experience will help you find a suitable job at the earliest.
2. Training — many manpower agencies, provide individuals with various training. This helps them be more competent and ready for the job role.
3. Right compensation — a manpower agency knows the standard market compensation, so when you approach them, they will guide you and help you find jobs with the right compensation.
4. Flexibility — manpower agency gives you the flexibility to choose from various companies, various job opportunities. They also will take care of your requirements like part-time, or temporary employment.
These are the major services that any manpower agency provides. Apart from these a few manpower agency also helps you with your resume writing. Few of them conduct mock interviews and general discussion rounds, to help you gain more confidence and improve your language skills. Few manpower agencies also hire candidates for their own use. Few manpower agencies also do an executive search, to help you find the right top management for your company. They also help you with your in-house recruitment or if you’re conducting a recruitment drive. They also help you find employment for other locations and other time periods like night shifts or weekend shifts.
Thus manpower agencies have an important role to play when it comes to recruitment. They act as that bridge which helps employers to reach out to good resources and employees to reach out to suitable employment opportunities.
Promotional agencies are agencies that are set up to help or assist entrepreneurs to start their enterprise. They basically promote the business through various strategies so that the entrepreneur can survive the initial hiccups any business faces. Also, most of the strategies the promotional agencies use, are all tried and tested methods and hence ensure to benefit the entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship development is important for any national economy to grow and boom. Hence the government has set up many agencies to help, promote, train and support entrepreneurs. They also impart training to entrepreneurs to improve their business and market knowledge, to develop their skill set and build a businessman attitude.
The various promotional agencies set up by the central government include:-
1. Small industries development organization ( SIDO )
2. Management development institution ( MDI )
3. Entrepreneurship development institute of India ( EDI )
4. All India small scale industries board ( AISSIB )
5. National Institution of Entrepreneurship and small business development ( NIESBUD )
6. National Institute of Small Industries Extension Training
7. National Small Industries Corporation Limited ( NSIC )
Entrepreneurship development is very important and hence governments spend a lot of money to extend their support for the same. They also encourage entrepreneurs in rural and backward areas to ensure regional development. They set up various programs to help entrepreneurs in the field of marketing, finance, technique and skill development to help entrepreneurs to accelerate and adapt to changing industry trends.
Apart from the above stated the main objective of promotional agencies include:-
1. Establishment- promotional agencies help entrepreneurs to set up and establish their business.
2. Funding- promotional agencies help businesses to get the necessary funds or investment to help establish their venture. Financial assistance is essential for any business to get established and the agencies help in the same.
3. Market research and availability- promotional agencies via their market research programs can help new entrepreneurs to gain control over the changing market trends. This is very important especially during the initial stages.
4. Market trends- promotional agencies through their network and experience can help new-age entrepreneurs to get full knowledge about the latest market trends and ever-growing demand for better products and services.
As we can see above, for any entrepreneur to set up and establish their venture, promotional agencies are needed. Their experience and support helps in entrepreneurship development.
As per the employment structure, there are two major collar jobs that is white-collar jobs and blue-collar jobs. White-collar jobs refer to employees who do desk jobs and blue-collar refers to employees who do field jobs.
Nowadays, the employment structure is changing. The market trends are constantly changing and have become too demanding, to keep up with this pace, a new structure called the mixed collar job has come into place. Mixed collar refers to those sets of employees who are capable to do both desk and field jobs.
The best use of mixed collar employees come in certain fields like marketing. Because marketing as we know involves a lot of desk and field jobs. In such scenarios hiring mixed collar, employees proves more beneficial.
The best or the biggest advantage of a mixed collar employee is that there is no specific job role defined. This is what is needed in marketing too. As per the need, the employee needs to react. They will be required to do desk jobs like telecalling, data entry, email marketing, publishing, etc. Also when there is a marketing event they will be required to do field jobs like promoting, distributing samples, meeting new clients, presentations, etc. Thus mixed collar employees should be in a position to handle both and hence they are best suited in marketing fields.
The best way to make a mixed collar relationship work is to ensure in which field you are employing them. For example, if you are employing a mixed collar employee in an IT software field, it won’t be as beneficial as appointing in the HR or Sales field. The reason being in an IT software field it’s a full-time desk job or a white collared job. Same way if you’re appointing a mixed collar employee for a sales job he will be on the field doing sales activities and also doing white collared jobs like documentation, presentation, data entry, data analysis, etc. Hence to make a mixed collar work for you, ensure the position you are employing for needs a mixed collar employee.
Secondly, many times a mixed collar employee is confused as to what is expected out of him. So ensure even though it’s mixed collared, he knows what’s his roles are what he is expected to do. Thirdly today many mixed collar employees are technologically trained, so ensure to hire such employees wherein you can use their technological knowledge. This way they will also feel they are needed and it’s the best way to make things work. Fourthly ensure you’re not taking your mixed collar employee for granted. Often because there are no well-defined job roles, a mixed collar employee might be loaded with all aspects of the job. Ensure you are not overburdening him with all tasks. Fifth remember to compensate him well, as he is doing what two employees are doing for you. Keeping your mixed collar employee motivated is the best way to maintain an effective relationship.
As we can see above, with changing times, mixed collared employment is picking up and it is what companies to prefer. And why not when you can collaborate two job roles in one, it only proves beneficial and economical.
Labour policy is a legislation that is used to protect the workforce in their respective workplaces. It is to safeguard the workers in matters of working conditions, working duration, working safety, working benefits.
Labours have a vital role to play in increasing the productivity of any organisation. Hence ensuring they are taken care of and safeguarded in all aspects is the main objective to create labour laws and policies.
The term Labour Law is used to denote that body of laws which deal with employment and non-employment, wages, working conditions, industrial relations, social security and labour welfare of industrially employed, persons.
Why is labour policy needed
1. To understand and analyse the labour issue.
2. To examine the challenges faced by labours in a globalising economy.
3. To create new labour laws where need be.
4. To ensure the relationship between employers and employees is partnership-based and focuses on increasing productivity and building the national economy.
5. To protect and ensure the overall well-being of an employee and to secure their due shares in an economic gain.
What does the current labour policies include:-
1. Creative measures to attract public and private investment.
2. Creating new jobs with social security schemes for labours.
3. Unified and beneficial management of welfare funds.
4. Model employee-employer relationship with long term settlements.
5. Reprioritisation of allocation of funds to benefit vulnerable workers.
6. Declare vital industries and establishments as public utilities.
7. Labour Law reforms in tune with the changing times.
There are certain fundamental principles on which the labour policy is based on, these include:-
1. Social Equity — everyone is equal and everyone has to be given equal rights.
2. Social Justice — equal distribution of benefits and affording workers wellbeing.
3. International uniformity — to maintain uniformity with labour laws globally.
4. National economy — to ensure that the contributions of both the employer and employee lead towards building the economy.
Thus as we can see, labour policy is a very essential requirement to maintain proper decorum and discipline in any organisation. In other words, it’s a policy that is used to avoid any kind of exploitation. It is a policy to ensure the hiring company is at an advantage as it’s productivity is increasing and at the same time, the employee is duly compensated without compromising on their well-being. Thus it is very important for all companies to follow the labour laws and policies.